Every time we go to Hawassa or someone comes to visit us, we ask them to bring some durable clothing and toys for the children. These are items that are no longer used here in Belgium/Europe/USA, but are still useful in Hawassa. Things that are much more expensive in Ethiopia than in Europe or that are simply not available in Ethiopia. That is why we regularly call for specific materials such as shoes and laptops to be collected in Leuven. The lists below indicate what we urgently need and what we can always make good use of.
- Shoes for children 0 to 18 years old
- Stockings for all ages
- Footballs and other types of balls
- Kitchen equipment: cutters and peelers
- English books
- Walking bikes
- Educational games
- Outdoor toys
- Craft material
- Films by Disney, Pixar, or beautiful documentaries (Planet Earth, Frozen Planet,…).
- Laptops, mice and external hard drives
- Football shoes
if you have other clothes you want to donate, but we can’t use for the moment, you can always drop them of in the red containers of Wereld Missie Hulp (Belgium only).